Re: installing on Lenovo Ideapad 3

On 3/29/2022 9:26 AM, Charles Curley wrote:
On Tue, 29 Mar 2022 07:35:46 -0700
Paul Scott <waterhorse@ultrasw.com> wrote:

Having done many Debian installs I am now trying to install on a new
Lenovo IdeaPad 3.
Is that the complete model name? I have a "Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13". If
you can boot pretty much any Linux, dmidecode should give you that. See
the "System Information" stanza.
I should now be able to do that from the installer.

I have disabled Trusted Platform Module and Secure Boot.

I used Balena Etcher to install a Debian iso to a USB stick.
I have no idea what Balena Etcher is. I usually use dd to copy to the
raw device, e.g. "dd if=example.iso of=/dev/sdb". Do not copy to a
partition on the raw device, e.g. sdb3.

Which ISO?
debian-11.2.0-amd64-netinst.iso

Rather than a boot order that IdeaPad allows enabling USB and two
network options for booting.  USB has been enable for all of my many
attempts.
OK, so what exactly do you see? Does the USB stick so much as get to
its boot menu?

See my reply to tomas.

Thanks for your reply,

Paul