Re: Does this happen often with sid?

Chuck Zmudzinski wrote:
> It looks like the cause of the problem is an upgrade to Python 3.10 and
> it is also looks like it is already fixed for Xen by the Build Daemon
> according to this changelog entry for today's upload of Xen packages to
> the main archive:
>
> xen (4.16.0+51-g0941d6cb-1+b1) sid; urgency=low, binary-only=yes
>
>    * Binary-only non-maintainer upload for amd64; no source changes.
>    * Python 3.10 as default
>
>   -- amd64 / i386 Build Daemon (x86-ubc-01)
><buildd_amd64-x86-ubc-01@buildd.debian.org>  Mon, 28 Mar 2022 11:29:11 +0000
>
> I am still waiting for the fix for samba, though. Also, on my desktop
> Sid installation with libreoffice, the Python 3.10 upgrade also removes
> libreoffice until that dependency is fixed for libreoffice.
>
> So it looks like the Python 3.10 upgrade is going to cause some packages
> to be removed with the full-upgrade option to apt, so be careful out
> there upgrading Sid today.

  running unstable there's a few mailing lists i'd follow
(release, devel and boot), ctte is also worth it for seeing
what issues people are hitting that haven't had an easy
answer yet.  transition tracker too.

  currently the python 3.10 transition is being worked on so
that may take some time to sort through.

  i don't really follow sid/unstable as that is a bit too
choatic for me.  testing is close enough for my interests
and a few selected packages and the most recent kernels are
about where i end up.  :)

  songbird