Re: Why is debian Live (11.2.0) advancing the time on my windows laptop +5 hours? ...

On Sun 27 Mar 2022 at 18:29:35 (+0000), Albretch Mueller wrote:
> On 3/27/22, songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:
> >   set the bios time to be universal and then set up windows
> > to use universal time.
>
>  again, assumptions ...
>
> On 3/27/22, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
> > It looks as if you're dual-booting.
>
>  No, I am not.

OK, very well; you described your computer as a "windows laptop",
and you showed a Debian version running on it, yet you don't
boot linux and windows on it.

>  Use case: I keep a DL DVD with me as some sort of cross between
> defence weapon and talisman. I have run into all kinds of situations
> in which people wonder about "what is wrong with their computers" ...
> No, I don't tend to go into what/who is actually wrong.
>
>  At times I have found myself with my work laptop in an area with a hotspot ...
>
>  Do you see now why technical and political kind of issues ("you/they
> should be doing this and that") should not overlap?

No idea what politics has to do with this technical issue.

Good luck.

Cheers,
David.