Re: Why is debian Live (11.2.0) advancing the time on my windows laptop +5 hours? ...

On 3/27/22, songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:
>   set the bios time to be universal and then set up windows
> to use universal time.

 again, assumptions ...

On 3/27/22, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
> It looks as if you're dual-booting.

 No, I am not.

 Use case: I keep a DL DVD with me as some sort of cross between
defence weapon and talisman. I have run into all kinds of situations
in which people wonder about "what is wrong with their computers" ...
No, I don't tend to go into what/who is actually wrong.

 At times I have found myself with my work laptop in an area with a hotspot ...

 Do you see now why technical and political kind of issues ("you/they
should be doing this and that") should not overlap?

 lbrtchx