Re: Under each of these scenarios, what is the neatest and simplest way to manipulate the /etc/network/interfaces file?

On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 11:43:36PM -0500, David Wright wrote:
> In passing, I'm mystified by your quoting mechanism thinking
> it appropriate to display my time header in Chinese time:
> $ TZ='Asia/Shanghai' date --date='Thu, 24 Mar 2022 21:09:41 -0500'
> Fri Mar 25 10:09:41 CST 2022
> $
>
> On Fri 25 Mar 2022 at 07:31:14 (+0100), Stella Ashburne wrote:
>
> > Sent: Friday, March 25, 2022 at 10:09 AM
> > From: "David Wright" <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk>

Some MUAs show the message's Date in the reader's local time zone,
or at least what it *thinks* the reader's local time zone is.  I don't
know why you'd be shocked by that.  They're using an MUA which makes
up its own pseudo-headers like "Sent:".  I'm not sure whether it's
web-based or not.

The only other thing I know about that MUA is that the most evil person
I've ever encountered on the Internet used it to create literally
dozens of fake personas in order to troll the bash mailing lists.
Therefore, it's in my killfile.  I'm not seeing any messages from "Stella"
except when they're quoted.  If "Stella" is one of the fake personas
created by that person, then it's working as intended.  If "Stella" is
a real person who has been blocked as collateral damage, well, that's
unfortunate.  But email is never going to be perfect.

This is the regex I added to my killfile:

At the time, that seemed to do the trick, blocking all of the fake
personas in one fell swoop.  Unfortunately, the troll caught on and
started using protonmail to create another batch of fake personas.
Those, I blocked one at a time.

Maybe I should remove the trinity-3c-app-mailcom block, since it
no longer seems to be doing anything helpful...?