Re: enabling systemd-networkd (was: its been done again...)

On Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:02:57 EDT Felix Miata wrote:
> gene heskett composed on 2022-03-24 17:21 (UTC-0400):
> > But that info is NOT plainly stated in those man pages. It may be
> > there, but its buried in drivel that does not often offer an
> > example.
> http://paste.debian.net/1235522/ Posting 1235522 from root posted at
> 2022-03-25 00:55:44 expires: 2022-04-01 00:55:44
> is a terminal log. It starts immediately post-upgrade from Bullseye to
> Bookworm, then booting the new kernel, then changing over from
> Debian's default static IP networking system to systemd's
> systemd-networkd.service. Note the relative dearth of commands that
> are not simply dumping the content of plain text files.
>
> Short form/highlights:
> 1-create config for NIC in /etc/systemd/network/
> 2-systemctl disable networking.service
> 3-systemctl enable systemd-networkd.service
> optional: provide static /etc/resolv.conf
> 	e.g. systemctl disable systemd-resolved.service

Your short synopsis seems to explain it well enough, but what is a person
stuck without a network to look this stuff up and has never dealt with
systemctl in his or her life, and therefore knows zip about it, supposed
to do?  Sure seems like an awfull good question to me. He effectively
sitting in a black box without even an exit sign for illumination.

Felix, your patience with me is amazing, thank you.

These are the sort of answers that really ought to be in a "man no-
network" manpage...

> --
> Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
> 	based on faith, not based on science.
>
>  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409 ** a11y rocks!
>
> Felix Miata
>
> .
Take care and stay well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.