Re: Under each of these scenarios, what is the neatest and simplest way to manipulate the /etc/network/interfaces file?

On Wed 23 Mar 2022 at 13:35:13 (+0100), Stella Ashburne wrote:
> From: "David Wright" <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk>
> > >
> > > source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*
> >
> > I would change this line to
> >
> > source-directory /etc/network/interfaces.d
> >
> > (which was the default on new buster installations).
> >
> Am I right to say that the default in Debian 11's installation is simply:
>
> source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

We already covered that in your thread entitled "What should I put
inside the file called wlan0?" You must remember, as it created
a brief back-and-forth:

Any time you forget again, you can check for yourself,
as the file is created (when necessary) by the script:
/var/lib/dpkg/info/ifupdown.postinst (q.v.).

Cheers,
David.