Re: iwd + systemd-networkd + resolvconf wrinkles

On Wed 23 Mar 2022 at 13:06:12 (+0100), Stella Ashburne wrote:
> From: "Brian" <ad44@cityscape.co.uk>
> >
> > In truth, it is not a biggie for my intended use of iwd on some
> > non-roaming machines, although it did break my /e/n/i. A couple of
> > edits fixed that.
>
> Would you like to elaborate what stuff was broken in your /e/n/i ?

You've already presented us with a stanza:

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug wlp7s0
iface wlp7s0 inet static
        wpa-ssid JupiterRising
        wpa-psk (a long string of alphanumeric characters)
        address 192.168.1.99/24
        gateway 192.168.1.1
        # dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
        dns-nameservers 1.1.1.1 8.8.8.8

Were you to install iwd on bullseye, udev would no longer rename
the wlan0 interface to wlp7s0, and the stanza would break. What's
unusual is that you don't have to configure iwd to run, only to
install it. The problem is caused by the mere presence of the file
/etc/systemd/network/80-iwd.link in package iwd.

Cheers,
David.