Re: swap maxed out when plenty of RAM available

Charles Curley wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2022 14:55:34 +0000
> Adam Weremczuk <adamw@matrixscience.com> wrote:
>
> > It has 512 MB of memory and 512 MB of swap assigned and typically
> > needs 50-100 MB to operate.
>
> The rule of thumb to which I am accustomed is to have a swap space
> double the physical RAM. If necessary, you can create a swap file and
> add that to your /etc/fstab. That might help with your current problem.

In the other direction, I would recommend removing swap and
reducing RAM to 256MB. For a service like DHCPd, it's better to
fail and restart than to just try to eat all available memory.
Then set vm.overcommit_memory=2 in sysctl to enforce that rather
than OOMd.

That said, there is probably something else going on here. Logs
on a tmpfs, maybe?

-dsr-