Re: simple talking clock / reminder for when monitor is off and it is dark

On Sun, 20 Mar 2022, Samuel Wales wrote:

i want debian to tell me the time at certain times.  for example
tonight i have to take medicine at 2:40 am.

I second the suggestions of at and cron.

If you want a one-off reminder, use at.

If you want a regular reminder use cron. Cron has a lot of flexibility in its scheduling.

For the actual saying of the time, you could use the saytime package.

I've not used it in many, many years, but I see that it's still in Debian and it uses sox so it should still work.

HTH,
Geoff.