Re: "Could not display mtp://XXXXX" error no such interface 'org.gtk.vfs.mount' on object at path /org/gtk/vfs/mount/1"

Le lundi 21 mars 2022 à 17:21 +0000, Ottavio Caruso a écrit :
> On 21/03/2022 10:54, didier gaumet wrote:
> > I would say that your PC does not recognize your smartphone as a
> > MTP
> > device because your smartphone dose not presents itself as a MTP
> > device
>
> What makes you say that? Please see screenshot,

I just tried with my smartphone (Poco X3 Pro, LineageOS 18.1 (Android
11))
(roughly translated, my device is in french)
- With "default USB setup" set as "no data transfer", the smartphone is
recognized as a mass storage device and that's it.
- With "default USB setup" set as "file transfer", the smartphone is at
first recognized as a mass storage device and then gvfsd recognizes it
as a MTP device

So I was wrong in thinking that a modern Android smartphone presents
itself as a mass storage device and pretends to use the USB mass
storage protocol: it presents itself as a mass storage device, and,
depending on the setup of the device, pretends (or not) to use the MTP
protocol

A possibility could be that you use a GTK Desktop Environment (but not
Gnome) or some GTK applications that rely on gvfsd, because your
previous error message was:
[...]
> I always get "Could not display mtp://XXXXX" error no such interface
> 'org.gtk.vfs.mount' on object at path /org/gtk/vfs/mount/1"
[...]
and that seems to link to gvfsd:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/gvfs/doc

I would verify that the gvfs-backends package is installed and if it is
the case, I would verify that there is a org.gtk.vfs.mount key with a
correct value in the dconf database (via dconf-cli (CLI) or dconf-
editor (GUI))