Re: voltage monitoring Q

On 13/03/2022 13:56, gene heskett wrote:

Thats debatable. I had 2 of them purchased last summer to replace a
couple of 1T's that were getting too small.

Still under warranty then. Get them replaced by Seagate.

I was put into he boot
position in August from backups, the other was put in as amandatapes when
that install was running stretch ok. The first one disappeaed in the
middle of the night in early october,

Ok, so you got it replaced under warranty, right?

(...) So how the hell do I install without a keyboard and
mouse? (...) > keyboard and mouse were no longer found by the bios (...)
> Something is
> going to hell in this system and I'm trying to find it. (...)

All this is totally irrelevant, I cut it out, won't be commenting or
replying to your adventure stories

And you folks are giving me hell for getting frustrated?

Who it giving you hell? Which folks? You replying to me here in this
post. I simply suggested that you SHOULD determine is Seagate drive was
shingled or not, before saying something like "all Seagate is bad
forever". Don't imply or assume. VERIFY.

That drive that failed last night is the second of two I bought less than
a year back. Older seagates were bulletproof, I've one laying around here
someplace with 70,000 spinning hours on it, was still ok when I took it
out as it was my amanda drive and 93% full. 25 reallocated sectors at
about 1000 hours, still 25 reallocated sectors 70,000 spinning hours
later. Seagate did make good drives, once upon a time.

1. Get your Seagate replaced under warranty,
2. Check if it's shingled or not, in time you spend writing irrelevant
side-story in your post you would find that info already.
3. Share model here someone I am sure will find this info for you if you
don't know how/not willing to.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀