Re: voltage monitoring Q

On Sunday, 13 March 2022 17:07:00 EDT piorunz wrote:
> On 13/03/2022 13:56, gene heskett wrote:
> > Thats debatable. I had 2 of them purchased last summer to replace a
> > couple of 1T's that were getting too small.
>
> Still under warranty then. Get them replaced by Seagate.
>
> > I was put into he boot
> > position in August from backups, the other was put in as amandatapes
> > when that install was running stretch ok. The first one disappeaed
> > in the middle of the night in early october,
>
> Ok, so you got it replaced under warranty, right?

no, not no but hell no, i and done with seagate, I'll be all SSD's before
the day is over. Money doesn't count when there is no dependability. Thts
what I thought I was buying when I skiped over the cheaper WD's.

> > (...) So how the hell do I install without a keyboard and
> > mouse? (...) > keyboard and mouse were no longer found by the bios
> > (...)>
>  > Something is
>  > going to hell in this system and I'm trying to find it. (...)
>
> All this is totally irrelevant, I cut it out, won't be commenting or
> replying to your adventure stories
>
> > And you folks are giving me hell for getting frustrated?
>
> Who it giving you hell? Which folks? You replying to me here in this
> post. I simply suggested that you SHOULD determine is Seagate drive was
> shingled or not, before saying something like "all Seagate is bad
> forever". Don't imply or assume. VERIFY.
>
> > That drive that failed last night is the second of two I bought less
> > than a year back. Older seagates were bulletproof, I've one laying
> > around here someplace with 70,000 spinning hours on it, was still ok
> > when I took it out as it was my amanda drive and 93% full. 25
> > reallocated sectors at about 1000 hours, still 25 reallocated
> > sectors 70,000 spinning hours later. Seagate did make good drives,
> > once upon a time.
>
> 1. Get your Seagate replaced under warranty,
> 2. Check if it's shingled or not, in time you spend writing irrelevant
> side-story in your post you would find that info already.
> 3. Share model here someone I am sure will find this info for you if
> you don't know how/not willing to.
The first to fail, last october is a 2TB Barracuda ST2000DM006, SN
Z4XAWQ6V, PN 2DM164-302
and it been sitting in somebody's warehouse since 9MAR2018 SO ITS WELL
OUT OF WARRANTY.

So I'm going to copy /home to a 240g that I was using for amanda's dump
buffer, hoping it will fit, and reboot if it will. Then, just maybe
catting /proc/mdstat might make some sense. Right now drive(0) is not the
first drive in the array.

Or, while I'm doing that, maybe some one can tell me how to refresh that
to match what I in fact actually have.
> --
> With kindest regards, Piotr.
>
> ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
> ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
> ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/
> ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
>
> .

Cheers, Gene Heskett.