Re: Wayland vs X

Le jeudi 10 mars 2022 à 16:27 +0100, Emanuel Berg a écrit :
[...]
> What are the pure X applications? This is the software I use
> almost every day
>
>   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/SOFTWARE
>
> The ones that start with an "x" are xterm and xpdf ...

If I understand correctly, a GUI application is (or not) compatible with Wayland, depending on the graphical toolkit with which it has been developed.
https://wiki.debian.org/Wayland#Toolkits
So I think that the apps developed with an incompatible toolkit or no toolkit at all are not wayland compatible and need to run on a nested X server (Xwayland) inside Wayland.