Re: After Feb 24 update my X11/KDE stopped working (can't log in). (using debian testing)

On 2/25/22 17:34, Karel Gardas wrote:
hardware: amd64 + radeon R5? 230 + 2 monitors connected. One connected to DVI, one to VGA. Monitor connected to VGA is on the left and rotated to the portrait position.

- what I do to crash is:
  - start Settings
  - search for 'disp'
  - select Display Configuration node
  - move VGA monitor from right to left
  - select rotation on left monitor (rotate 90 clockwise)
  - hit 'Apply' button

^ and right after hitting Apply I get crash.

IMPORTANT: if I do *NOT* rotate left monitor, if I just move it from right to left, X11 are able to survive! If I do *NOT* move VGA monitor from right to left, but just rotate it, I will get again immediate crash.

Conclusion: my X11 crashes since Feb 24 update on monitor rotation on R5 230 GPU.

I've also verified that while being logged into KDE following command:

$ xrandr --output VGA-0 --rotate left

crashes X11 server and I'm back into SDDM login window. I tested this to remove any doubt if KDE framework here (thorough display config) is the culprit or not.

Now, I'm pretty confident that this issue happened last week (7 days) or so since this is my debian testing and I've been using it more recently hence also updating every using day. The question is: where to report that to get some fix?

Thanks,
Karel