Re: After Feb 24 update my X11/KDE stopped working (can't log in). (using debian testing)

Hi Cindy,

you helped a lot. Indeed, I've moved all dot files and folders into backup and even problematic user is able to log in.

However, first configuration step brings X11 to the knees, crashing and then I'm seeing login windows again. So I guess this is the real culprit of what happened on problematic user. The step to duplicate is this:

hardware: amd64 + radeon R5? 230 + 2 monitors connected. One connected to DVI, one to VGA. Monitor connected to VGA is on the left and rotated to the portrait position.

- what I do to crash is:
 - start Settings
 - search for 'disp'
 - select Display Configuration node
 - move VGA monitor from right to left
 - select rotation on left monitor (rotate 90 clockwise)
 - hit 'Apply' button

^ and right after hitting Apply I get crash.

IMPORTANT: if I do *NOT* rotate left monitor, if I just move it from right to left, X11 are able to survive! If I do *NOT* move VGA monitor from right to left, but just rotate it, I will get again immediate crash.

Conclusion: my X11 crashes since Feb 24 update on monitor rotation on R5 230 GPU.

Question: is there any forum where should I report this conclusion to get attention of the X11 packagers/developers?

Thanks!
Karel