Re: Definitive instructions for Buster LTS security updates

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 04:28:33PM +0100, Christian Britz wrote:

> On 2022-02-21 15:45 UTC+0100, David Wright wrote:
>
> > AFAICT, running buster, nothing has yet changed. My sources.list
> > is attached (ignore the first line), and as of this morning it
> > yields:
> And I think nothing will change in the future. Take the Stretch example
> at https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Using. The sources.list stayed the same.
> Maybe buster-updates will disappear, I do not know how this is handled.
>
> IMO it makes totally sense to leave this unchanged - every system will
> automatically benefit from LTS.

Things may change in the future - but as it stands, Buster is oldstable
and therefore supported for a year after the release of Bullseye with
no change in sources.list.

It should stay supported until 20220714 this way.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater