Re: Definitive instructions for Buster LTS security updates

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 06:25:35AM -0700, Keith Christian wrote:
> My first search brought me to wiki.debian.org, where I landed on the
> /LTS/Using page, but it contained no Buster-specific instructions.

See also <https://wiki.debian.org/DebianBuster> which says:

Q) Where do I get buster packages?
    Use the following sources for buster:

    deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster main
    deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main

> E: The repository 'http://deb.debian.org/debian buster/updates
> Release' does not have a Release file.

You've got an error here.  Either you meant this to be a security line,
and you've forgotten to use "debian-security" at the tail end of the
URL field, or else you meant this to be a "buster-updates" line, and
accidentally used a / instead of a - character in the third field.

(I'm not sure if a  buster-updates repository section still exists for
that release, but if it does, it'll be spelled with a hyphen.)