Re: missing dependencies

On Saturday, February 19, 2022 8:10:34 AM EST tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 04:41:46AM -0800, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >

> > Got yet another CF, repo has missing -dev packages, specifically
> > openssl-dev for its includes including openssl/bio.h. can't make a
> > kernel without it.  ncurses-dev is also missing so I can't use make
> > menuconfig, and had to install 49 pkgs just to do a make xconfig.
> Gene,
>
> if I only knew whether this is a request for help or just
> letting of steam, I'd try to be helpful ;-)
>
> As it is, I'll just try to leave one hint here (which, see
> above, might be misplaced). What you're looking for is called
> libssl-dev, which you could have easily fourd out by doing
> an
>
>   apt-file search openssl/bio.h
>
> Remember: apt-file is your friend!
>
> > No cheers, Gene
>
> Cheers
okaay:
gene@coyote:~$ sudo apt-file search openssl/bio.h
android-libboringssl-dev: /usr/include/android/openssl/bio.h
libssl-dev: /usr/include/openssl/bio.h
libwolfssl-dev: /usr/include/cyassl/openssl/bio.h
libwolfssl-dev: /usr/include/wolfssl/openssl/bio.h

And apt just installed it, but synaptic refused to find it. I spent at
least an hour scrolling around to no avail when synaptics->search didn't
find it. WTH?

Does apt-file update (cuz its cache was empty) use a different set of
repo's? I always thought a synaptics->reload did exactly the same thing?

/me goes off scratching what little hair I have left.

Tace care and stay well.
Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis