Re: missing dependencies

On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 04:41:46AM -0800, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>

> Got yet another CF, repo has missing -dev packages, specifically openssl-dev for its includes including openssl/bio.h. can't make a kernel without it.  ncurses-dev is also missing so I can't use make menuconfig, and had to install 49 pkgs just to do a make xconfig.

Gene,

if I only knew whether this is a request for help or just
letting of steam, I'd try to be helpful ;-)

As it is, I'll just try to leave one hint here (which, see
above, might be misplaced). What you're looking for is called
libssl-dev, which you could have easily fourd out by doing
an

  apt-file search openssl/bio.h

Remember: apt-file is your friend!

> No cheers, Gene