Re: Uninstalling a package removes other essential packages: What is the best course of action?

On 2022-02-16, <tomas@tuxteam.de> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

>> So why not create libraries for Burmese, Laotian and Cambodian (Khmer) la=
> nguages? Why don't we have libburmese, liblaotian and libkhmer and make the=
> m essential dependencies for libpango?
>
> So why not do your research yourself?
>
> ;-)

 Of course, it’s an excellent question. But the problem, you see, when you ask
 why something happens, how does a person answer why something happens? For
 example, Aunt Minnie is in the hospital. Why? Because she went out, slipped on
 the ice, and broke her hip. That satisfies people. It satisfies, but it
 wouldn’t satisfy someone who came from another planet and knew nothing about
 why when you break your hip do you go to the hospital. How do you get to the
 hospital when the hip is broken? Well, because her husband, seeing that her hip
 was broken, called the hospital up and sent somebody to get her. All that is
 understood by people. And when you explain a why, you have to be in some
 framework that you allow something to be true. Otherwise, you’re perpetually
 asking why.

https://fs.blog/richard-feynman-on-why-questions/

Stella!!!!!!!!!!!