Installing Bullseye and update

Hello,

I recently installed bullseye and a problem (perhaps it's not) remains.

The 'problem' is that when one installs from a DVD image, the
sources.list file is not updated, even after I selected to use the
'mirror' during install.

This 'problem' has been around for a while and I think ruins a
first-user experience.

Can it not be that as part of the installation the sources.list is
updated and the list form the install media is permanently removed from
the system? The likelihood of a user relying on old packages on an ISO
and thus use them for updating their system seems remote to me.

Even after I commented out (#) the line of the ISO image on the
sources.list, I still was left with the same errors such as:

"could not resolve debian.org" or "

A similar problem can be found on this mailing list:

In my case, the system remains useless, as I must install non-free
firmware, before I can get GUI, and that I cannot do until I add
"contrib non-free" which I did, but the list will not update because of
reasons stated above. (https://wiki.debian.org/AtiHowTo#Installation)

I have seen so many solutions online, such as editing files or entering
directory at var/lib/apt/lists

Again, for a first-time user, this is not the kind of experience that
brings them to Linux. At the very least, the first-install experience
should be smooth.

This is just a feedback. And I hope I have shown respect as well for
those who work hard on Debian.

Thanks for reading.

Best wishes.