Re: could not resolve deb.debian.org after installing via debian live image

Hi Tamar,

I think your problem is that the box is not connected to the internet.  The sources.list file left by the install process assumes you will be connected.

So take a look at /etc/apt/sources.list and comment out the lines that refer to internet sites such as deb.debian.org,  Then un-comment the line(s) that refer(s) to the live installer image.  Then make sure the DVD is in the drive and mounted.  You should now be able to install packages from the DVD.

Good luck!
Rick