Re: Installing Bullseye and update

On Sat, Feb 05, 2022 at 08:35:28PM +0100, notoneofmyseeds wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently installed bullseye and a problem (perhaps it's not) remains.
>
> The 'problem' is that when one installs from a DVD image, the
> sources.list file is not updated, even after I selected to use the
> 'mirror' during install.
>
> This 'problem' has been around for a while and I think ruins a
> first-user experience.
>
> Can it not be that as part of the installation the sources.list is
> updated and the list form the install media is permanently removed from
> the system? The likelihood of a user relying on old packages on an ISO
> and thus use them for updating their system seems remote to me.

Although it's not common: it could be that someone _only_ has DVD images
to install from and no network so although it is inconvenient to have
to comment it out, it's not unfixable.

1. How are you intending to install the remaining packages - only over wifi?

2. What does your /etc/network/interfaces stanza look like?

3. Do you have network access on another machine?

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater