Re: hostname is being reset, killing net on reboot

On Wed 26 Jan 2022 at 10:42:38 -0600, David Wright wrote:

[Snipping]

> I've worked this way for 15 years and, unlike Gene, I'm not having
> to fight any battles over it. I'm sure mDNS is perfect for people
> with different demands from mine.

My question was really directed at all users, particularly those who
do not appreciate the existance or basic function of Avahi. I am not
dead set aginst /etc/hosts and the explantion of your successful mode
of working should give pause for thought.

--
Brian.