Re: Why is Debian not telling the truth about its security fixes?

max  <maxwillb@mailfence.com> wrote on 24/01/2022 at 06:15:12+0100:

> January 23, 2022 11:21:31 AM CET "Pierre-Elliott Bécue" <peb@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> I wonder if these bugs aren't also impacting chromium? I did not have
>> time to look into it so I may be wrong.
>
> But of course they were. Otherwise why would Debian fix them, after a
> long wait? Why would it list them on its security-tracker? Have you
> thought of that at all?

Have you read the sentence you're quoting at all?

>> Now that I read the press release paragraph and the reference to
>> Pocock's "excommunication", I start wondering if Max, who never
>> wrote on any Debian List before last month is yet another trollesque
>> incarnation of the forementioned Pocock.
>
> M-W defines it as "exclusion from fellowship in a group or community",
> so I think that word was perfect. It seems odd of you to question my
> command of English, all things considered.

The cambridge dictionary defines it as "the act of refusing to to allow
someone to be involved in the Church". I don't know what M-W stands for,
but for English definitions, I'll stick with Cambridge University Press'
work.

> And no, I'm not Pocock. He seems to be obsessed with certain alleged
> misdeeds of sexual nature. I never brought those up. Your accusation
> is baseless.

Wondering is not accusing.

> And if I were Pocock, what would be the master plan, according to you?
> Get more people to try to learn about who the heck he is? Debian has
> already done that. I didn't know about who this guy was until I read
> that press release and googled him. Talk about the Streisand
> effect. So, again, what was the plan, according to you?

How would I know? I'm not on anyone's head except mine.

--
PEB