Re: Why is Debian not telling the truth about its security fixes?

January 23, 2022 11:21:31 AM CET "Pierre-Elliott Bécue" <peb@debian.org> wrote:

> I wonder if these bugs aren't also impacting chromium? I did not have time to look into it so I may be wrong.

But of course they were. Otherwise why would Debian fix them, after a long wait? Why would it list them on its security-tracker? Have you thought of that at all?

> Now that I read the press release paragraph and the reference to Pocock's "excommunication", I start wondering if Max, who never wrote on any Debian List before last month is yet another trollesque incarnation of the forementioned Pocock.

M-W defines it as "exclusion from fellowship in a group or community", so I think that word was perfect. It seems odd of you to question my command of English, all things considered.

And no, I'm not Pocock. He seems to be obsessed with certain alleged misdeeds of sexual nature. I never brought those up. Your accusation is baseless.

And if I were Pocock, what would be the master plan, according to you? Get more people to try to learn about who the heck he is? Debian has already done that. I didn't know about who this guy was until I read that press release and googled him. Talk about the Streisand effect. So, again, what was the plan, according to you?

--
Sent with https://mailfence.com
Secure and private email