Re: Why did Norbert Preining (having maintained KDE) left Debian?

On Lu, 24 ian 22, 01:37:55, max wrote:
> January 22, 2022 1:52:16 PM CET "Marco Möller" <talby@debianlists.mobilxpress.net> wrote:
>
> > Without transparency the Debian project does not present itself as  community driven, but as a closer circle of directing minds hiding the  reasoning for their decisions.
>
> Indeed. In the US, one can demand to read the archived emails of
> public officials (not just mailing lists)

Does a foreign citizen enjoy the same right?

The various delegated teams (including DAM) ultimately answer only to
Debian Project Members, all of which do have access to debian-private.

(see the Debian Project's Constitution for details)

As users we "only" get to enjoy the results of their labour, for free.

> Why does Debian need "private" mailing lists? What is it hiding from the public?

There's this thing called "privacy", especially of the person directly
affected.

In some countries there are even laws regulating that (e.g. the EU GDPR)
and publicly sharing sensitive information about other persons is
illegal.

Kind regards,
Andrei