Re: Why did Norbert Preining (having maintained KDE) left Debian?

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 11:29 AM Marco Möller
<talby@debianlists.mobilxpress.net> wrote:

> Does somebody has information about what in the background has happened,
> which made Norbert leaving the team?
> Considering that Debian is a community project and myself feeling to be
> part of the community, although not actively involved in its maintenance
> and development, I am wondering what is going on in the community after
> his post from yesterday sounds like there are things happening in the
> community, which not all the community might be aware of.
> In his blog he wrote "After having been (again) demoted [...] based on
> flimsy arguments, I have been forced to rethink the level of
> contribution I want to do for Debian."
> https://www.preining.info/blog/2022/01/future-of-my-packages-in-debian/
>
> I wish that someone could publish some background information, neutral
> and respectful and without harming anybody. I am absolutely not
> interested to start here in public a war of recriminations. I simply
> feel that it would be worth for the health of the community to get a
> more transparent view on what is going on in the community.
> Do you have some background information which you could share in PLEASE
> neutral, well thought text, serving the community and its transparency
> instead of rupturing it?
> Thanks, Marco.

I read a few of the comments on the blog you linked to, and he replies
to one comment:

"No there is no public record (for now), as all happened on
debian-private. In due time I will document the whole process, since I
have access to all of debian-private until recently. Time to show what
really went on."

Maybe you just have to wait a while. This will of course only be one
side of the story.