Re: Hyper-typematic and Firefox responsiveness in Weston.

    From: Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>
    Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 10:15:56 +0100
> According to the manpage '--display' is an X11 option.
>
> Could it be that it actually forces Firefox to run via XWayland or so?

I should find a way to know the variant of FF which is running.
Xwayland or weston native.

Before pursuing that, I've put the stderr output from weston at
http://easthope.ca/WestonStdErr . Plain ASCII text.  Firefox opens it.

Lines toward the end merit attention.

* Beginning at [14:32:22.019] ... Microsoft 3-Button Mouse with IntelliEye ... events have been lost.

* [14:32:28.210] ... Microsoft 3-Button Mouse ... rate limit exceeded (5 msgs per 30s). ...

5 msgs per 30s exceeds a rate limit in a computer?  Granted this is an
old machine but it's a computer not an abacus.

The observed hyper-typematic behaviour is related to lost mouse events?

A bug report is materializing but further ideas welcome.

Thx,                           ... P.

--
mobile: +1 778 951 5147
  VoIP: +1 604 670 0140