Re: Hyper-typematic and Firefox responsiveness in Weston.

    From: Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org>
    Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 07:22:53 -0500
> "$1" should be quoted there, and the } will need to be on a separate line,
> or else you'll need a semicolon between esac and }.
>
> I'd also advise against hard-coding paths like /usr/bin/firefox-esr in
> your dot files.  Paths can change over time.  Just use firefox-esr.

> Also, you wouldn't want "exec" here -- running this alias would terminate the shell.

Thanks.  Revised version.

fire () { case "$#" in
  0) firefox-esr --display=:0 file:///home/peter/MY/Peter.html#Links & ;;
  1) firefox-esr --display=:0 "$1" & ;;
  *) echo "Too many arguments." ;; esac
}

> For almost every purpose, aliases are superseded by shell functions.

Casting to C and compiling is also a nice exercise.

Thanks,                               ... P.

--
mobile: +1 778 951 5147
  VoIP: +1 604 670 0140