Re: firejail: changing Ethernet network adapter name is breaking Firefox profile

On Sat 22 Jan 2022 at 11:32:17 (+0000), piorunz wrote:
> On 22/01/2022 07:28, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > On Lu, 17 ian 22, 22:43:49, piorunz wrote:
> > >
> > > Problem is, every now and then, Ethernet adapter name changes, from
> > > enp5s0 to enp6s0 for example.
> >
> > Those names are supposed to be stable.
> >
> > Are you doing any changes to the hardware when that happens?
>
> No, I just reboot or turn off & on again my computer.

Presumably that has to be caused by the hardware or the firmware,
which sounds decidedly flaky, and something the OS can do nothing
about, except work around it.

As for that, I would have thought that's pretty easy: you just set
an environment variable with the name of the interface in it, and use
  firejail --net="$Mywiredifname" …

All my systems define that very variable, not because I have issues
with the OS's choice, but so that I can use the same script to scp
through the IPv6 link address to whatever machine is on the other
end of the wire (yes, I know, it's a cheat).

Cheers,
David.