Re: Authentication required message window after nvidia drivers installation.

On Vi, 21 ian 22, 15:24:29, Thanos Katsiolis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the title of the post says pretty much everything.
> I have the NVIDIA Quadro P400 graphics card and installed the NVIDIA
> drivers as described in Debian wiki NVIDIA Proprietary Driver
> <https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers> for Debian 11.2.
>
> The message appears when an Application starts or when a window from an
> application opens. Some applications were left with a blank screen
> when launching, but after a restart, when I press escape on the message,
> the application starts normally.
> Any ideas on how to fix it?

This is likely completely unrelated to installing the NVIDIA drivers.

Please provide more information about your Desktop Environment and the
applications that exhibit this behaviour.

Any other non-Debian software on the system?

The output of 'id' in a terminal might provide some hints as well (feel
free to obscure your user and group name, the interesting part is what
other groups, if any, your user is a member of).

Kind regards,
Andrei