Re: Where is Debian 11 installer for amd64 that works please ?

On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 21:10:01 +1300
"C.T.F. Jansen" <frank.jansen@actrix.gen.nz> wrote:

> Greetings
>
> I have been trying to install Debian 11 on an Asus from 2018 with i5
> using amd64 install DVD's  with 11.1.0 and 11.2.0 and a net install
> CD with 11.2.0 . All three have fallen over because of installer bugs.
>
>    There is currently a Debian 9 system on the laptop that went on
> without difficulty.
>
> Am trying to install it to an external hard disk so it can be tested
> and debugged without much damage to the running Debian 9 system.
>
> The Debian 11.2.0 net install CD is the unofficial one with non free
> firmware. Good to have all the drivers in one go.
> It comes straight off the Debian website, is unmodified and is on a
> CD.
>
> Where/how do I get one that works please ?
>
> An alternate plan is to install from a Debian 10 net inst CD, non
> free, amd64. This one went on to another machine without difficulty .
> Then wait and see whether the Debian 12 installer is any better.

Are you willing to release the secret of what is going wrong with the
installer? Because it certainly Works For Me (tm).

Now, there may be issues with your particular hardware, but we'll only
be able to troubleshoot that if you tell us what the issues are.

I note you tell us how old the laptop is, but not the age of the
external drive. I mention this because I have, not unreasonably, had
trouble trying to install to a 12-year-old drive which turned out to
be a bit dodgy...

--
Joe