Re: Why did Norbert Preining (having maintained KDE) left Debian?

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022, 4:56 PM Nicholas Geovanis <nickgeovanis@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 17, 2022, 4:21 PM <harryweaver@tutanota.com> wrote:

18 Jan 2022, 08:09 by peb@debian.org:

> harryweaver@tutanota.com wrote on 17/01/2022 at 01:02:28+0100:
>
>> And I believe in open source.
>>

> That's good to know, although I don't see the connection with what I
> said.

Open source equates with open information access.
That's actually what it's all about.
Cheers!

Thank you for saying that, agree.
www.preining.info has discussion of the future of his software on Debian. He's using Arch. I'm thinking about volunteering to maintain Julia on Debian, it's behind and not in testing. I haven't looked at the code.

I don't have the time to follow the controversy. All I can say is it's 20 years Preining contributing to Debian, now over.

And just to be clear: Yes, without presentation of alternate views, we are told to accept the (hopefully democratic) outcome as justified and a better place for us too.

Harry.