Re: Why did Norbert Preining (having maintained KDE) left Debian?

Hello,

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 11:28:54AM +0100, Marco Möller wrote:
> https://www.preining.info/blog/2022/01/future-of-my-packages-in-debian/
>
> I wish that someone could publish some background information, neutral and
> respectful and without harming anybody.

If Norbert himself did not elaborate then how would it be possible
to publish personal information about him in a "neutral and
respectful" manner?

Debian has disciplinary procedures like any community and the public
are not automatically entitled to all of the details of those. I
don't know why you assume you should be.

Norbert has obviously been subject to some sort of disciplinary
action and as a result says he is winding down his efforts within
Debian. If he wanted the general public to know more about that then
surely he would have said more. Perhaps you can ask him? Your wish
can only be properly fulfilled by Norbert.

Maybe you just want someone to collate already-public information
about this? Having read Norbert's blogs before over the past few
years, I feel sure that looking back through his prior posts
regarding Debian would give you some idea as to where the points of
contention have existed for him (unless he has deleted them; have
not checked).

Thanks,
Andy