Re: 8 -> 9 update changing things

On Lu, 03 ian 22, 14:02:05, Roy J. Tellason, Sr. wrote:

> Running pulseaudio --start fixed that problem,  but now I show two instances of it runninng.
>
> In the one that was running to start with,  the command line shown to
> me in system monitor includes "daemonize=no".  I would guess that to
> be the problem,  but why is that in there?  And where do I fix it?  I
> also see "parent systemd" and after a bit of poking around in there
> I'm rather thoroughly confused,  not at all sure where I'd have to fix
> this.  Although /usr/lib/systemd/user/pulseaudioi.service seems
> pertinent.  Why would that have "daemonize=no" in there?

In general it's recommended programs rely on systemd for running in
background instead of implementing their own code for that (re-inventing
the wheel and all that).

Of course, some programs (including PulseAudio) predate systemd and/or
need to run on systems / platforms where systemd (or something
compatible) is not even available, so they will continue to support both
methods.

Hope this explains,
Andrei