Re: odd question re man pages

On 2022-01-07, Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 07, 2022 at 11:41:45AM +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 07, 2022 at 05:01:05AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
>> > I've noted that there can be links to a web page in a man page that are
>
>> In a terminal: left click might not do anything but right click will bring
>> up a menu for me which allows me to open the link.
>>
>> So: man apt, for example, has a URL for bugs at the bottom: if I right click
>> that underlined link, I get the option to open it / copy it or whatever.
>
> The behavior is highly specific to the terminal emulator in question.
> We can't guess how Gene's terminal is behaving (or has the capability
> of behaving) without knowing which one it is.

It would seem in gnome-terminal (sorry) hyperlinks are
clickable.

For xterm, I guess there are several hoops to jump through:

https://pbrisbin.com/posts/selecting-urls-via-keyboard-in-xterm/

I'd rather just cut and paste the URI in the always-open browser, but
then again I've never had that old hacker spirit.