odd question re man pages

Greetings all;

debian 11.1, 64 bit net-install updated yesterday.

I've noted that there can be links to a web page in a man page that are
underscored if you click on them while reading the man page, but clicking
the link does not do anything.  Is it supposed to send the default browser
to that page? If so, where should I check for the broken linkage?

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis