Re: Problems with videos playback for my user

On 06/01/22 00:34, Lucio Crusca wrote:

Thanks, nice try, but, besides I've cleared all three steps just in case (CPU always below 5% while playing videos), none of those can explain why video playback still works correctly for all the users except mine.

Since I needed videos to play, I had to workaround the problem. I logged in as root, renamed my /home/lucio directory to /home/lucio-old, created a new /home/lucio directory, copied over my data, .bash*, .config/google-chrome, .config/xfce*, .thunderbird and some other folders and now videos do playback correctly even with my user. That shows without a doubt that something was broken in my home directory: I just can't imagine exactly what.