Re: Problems with videos playback for my user

On 6/1/22 6:58 am, Lucio Crusca wrote:
I'm on Debian sid, using pipewire (just in case that makes any difference). Since a few hours my user is not able to playback videos anymore.

All browsers and mplayer in general behave like this: they do not play just the "video" part, but they normally play any sound tracks the videos come with. They play just a few starting frames of the video and then the video freezes, while sound keeps playing correctly as if video was playing too.

vlc plays the video correctly, but it plays stuttering sound like there were a lot of xruns.

xine is a mix of the others, as it plays both video and sound, but they both stutter a lot.

Everything was working ok until a few hours ago. Then I installed Steam, but I'm not sure that's the cause of the problem and I suspect it is not, because Steam was installed system-wide and other users on the same system do not have any video playback problem. Also Steam installation did not update pipewire, which is the same 0.3.42 version that was working like a charm a few hours ago and it is still working like a charm for other users on the same system.

I use Xfce, while other users use Gnome, but I've already tried logging out and logging back in with Gnome with my user and the problem is the same.

All this happens regardless of the video being online or downloaded offline.

Any clues?

Any or all of of these:

- Check CPU usage.
- Uninstall Steam