Re: [FIXED] Re: brltty=huge distraction for folks that don't need it.

On Monday, January 3, 2022 1:59:56 AM EST john doe wrote:
> On 1/3/2022 4:44 AM, gene heskett wrote:
> > On Sunday, January 2, 2022 9:57:05 PM EST Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> That is strange. Should not happen. The accessibility is installed only
> >> if you press s or if you plug a braille device.

> >> Perhaps you can provide your /var/log/installer log somewhere to enable
> >> the team to see what happent? Better, you could report bug to
> >> debian-installer (but probably show here the log first). The log will
> >> be
> >> required anyway.
> >
> > That's now a month back in history, and this time the dependency hell
> > did
> > not occur so My Next problem is BIQU's, their best BX 3d printer is not
> > "square". But that is not debians problem and I can, given time and
> > caffeine, fix that.

> >> Note waiting for a good solution for packages, in your desktop, you can
> >> disable the accessibility via the control panel.
> >
> > And where do I find this "control panel".

> > Other advice has fixed that.
> >
> >> ALso see wiki.debian.org/accessibility where you see the gsetting line
> >> to enable accessibility (type the same one replacing true with false to
> >> revert the thing).

> >> That is a bug I see for the first time. Hence my interest for a log, as
> >> so far no one reported it AFAIK.
>
> The sooner you report an issue, the quicker it can be fixed for the
> comunity!!! :)
>
> It would be nice if you could replicate the issue and file a bug report
> against the Debian Installer with the D-I logs.

I appreciate that, but that means I'd have to do a complete re-install from
scratch, something I had to do 7 times already as its a full day per install
even when most of the storage is now SSD's in raid10 configs. The latest
generation of shingled spinning rust is a disaster looking for a place to
happen.  And that's just the bare metal install, nowhere near a working
system. To redo this system to the state its in now would take around a
week. And I still haven't gotten my web page working.

> John Doe

Cheers John, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis