Re: [FIXED] Re: brltty=huge distraction for folks that don't need it.

On 1/3/22 02:46, gene heskett wrote:
> On Monday, January 3, 2022 1:59:56 AM EST john doe wrote:

>> It would be nice if you could replicate the issue and file a bug report
>> against the Debian Installer with the D-I logs.
>
> I appreciate that, but that means I'd have to do a complete re-install from
> scratch, something I had to do 7 times already as its a full day per install
> even when most of the storage is now SSD's in raid10 configs. The latest
> generation of shingled spinning rust is a disaster looking for a place to
> happen.  And that's just the bare metal install, nowhere near a working
> system. To redo this system to the state its in now would take around a
> week. And I still haven't gotten my web page working.

I think that if you did not purposely excise /var/log/installer/* the files should still be available. That is the case with my systems that were installed from media, some dating to 2006 (or likely earlier; I only checked three).

Regards,
Tom Dial