[FIXED] Re: brltty=huge distraction for folks that don't need it.

On Sunday, January 2, 2022 9:57:05 PM EST Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 02/01/2022 à 23:53, gene heskett a écrit :
> > Greetings All;
> >
> > Without any conscious prompting by me, te debian 11.1 netinstall for
> > x86-64 systems installed and setup whatever was needed to bring the
> > screen reader to life.
>
> That is strange. Should not happen. The accessibility is installed only
> if you press s or if you plug a braille device.
>
> > Any thing related to a braile function that I try to remove wants to
> > kill
> > another 2 or 3 gigs of system with it.
>
> Perhaps you can provide your /var/log/installer log somewhere to enable
> the team to see what happent? Better, you could report bug to
> debian-installer (but probably show here the log first). The log will be
> required anyway.

That's now a month back in history, and this time the dependency hell did
not occur so My Next problem is BIQU's, their best BX 3d printer is not
"square". But that is not debians problem and I can, given time and
caffeine, fix that.

> > Quite distracting to a sighted user when that robotic voice, speaking a
> > very broken bandwidth of what might be english, blaring out of ones
> > speakers 20 db louder than firefoxes audio can I am sure, find a way to
> > silence this w/o destroying the rest of the system. Removing orca will
> > shut it up, but that leaves brltty spamming the daemon.log complaining
> > about a missing library every 5 seconds.  And that's close to 40
> > megabytes a week.
>
> Note waiting for a good solution for packages, in your desktop, you can
> disable the accessibility via the control panel.

And where do I find this "control panel".

> > So, how does one shut up this useless to me, screen-reader and kill the
> > log spamming at the same time?

Other advice has fixed that.

> ALso see wiki.debian.org/accessibility where you see the gsetting line
> to enable accessibility (type the same one replacing true with false to
> revert the thing).
>
> > I think its great that folks have gone to that effort for the sightless,
> > but why is that sort of stuff always made mandatory.
>
> That is a bug I see for the first time. Hence my interest for a log, as
> so far no one reported it AFAIK.
>
> Regards
>
> > I'd sure appreciate any help cleaning it out
> >
> > Thanks everybody.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett.
>
> .

Cheers, Gene Heskett.