Update Debian 9 to Debian 11

Hello,

I am a new user of Debian, and I have access to a PC that currently runs Debian 9.13.
I want to update to a more recent version, since that is what is generally suggested, and for compatibility reasons too. Before I do the update, I have some questions.

  1. Which version should I prefere, Debian 10 or 11 (I am asking because Debian 11 are very recent)?
  2. Does dual boot affect the update somehow?
  3. What should I consider (if anything) during the update?