Re: why autoremove doesn't work

On Sunday, November 14, 2021, 11:54:34 AM EST, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

Which is exactly what I said: there's a package that you had already
installed (aptitude), whose Recommends includes a chain that extends
to libperl5.32.

Would I be correct in assuming that you originally installed aptitude
/without/ Recommends, and installed synaptic /with/ Recommends?
AFAIK, APT makes no attempt to track that difference.

i always use apt or apt-get in early debian distro to install/remove  packages
apt doesn't allow me to choose whether to install Recommended (Suggested?) packages

i install aptitude only after you tell me to run "aptitude why packageName"