Re: Where do I find the definitive man page for mdadm?

On Fri, 12 Nov 2021 12:03:25 -0500
Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> Thanks Charles. Sounds like a good idea. I'll see if I can get
> gparted to see them now. It see's it, but its locked, in use by the
> system even if unmounted.  Now what?

Well, if you are talking Any Smith's (and my) advice, I'd do the
following:

* Umount the partition on the RAID array.

* Move /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf aside.

* Put partitions on each of the four drives. Don't bother to put a file
  system on any of them.

* Use the same command line you did before, *except* use the partitions
  you just created instead of the drives, to create the RAID array.

* Create the LVM stuff you need.

* Lay down an ext4 file system on logical volumes as needed.

* Add the LVs to /etc/fstab as needed.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com