libc-bin on one good, on the other report of a bug........

	From my keyboard:

Apologies if anyone got this twice. Sent it with the wrong email.

	Hello anyone with the time,

	On one of my laptops latest upgrade, Dell Inspiron  "libc-bin"
	is fine: Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-13+deb11u2) ...

On the other a HP 245 06 laptop it is reported as having a bug:

	#998008
Post install makes a working NIS system not to work anymore at every
point release.

So I place it in irons, on hold, and continue with the upgrade.

I am a peasanto, a man of the land with two laptops, double trouble,
and trying to understand a NIS system? Running the questions and asking
for examples through Google. Without any joy of understanding.

Can't get if I will be in trouble if the bug is ignored and this
happens: "Post install makes a working NIS system not to work anymore at
every point release."

So ask the wisdom on this list.

Any simple explanations out there, if someone is inclined, for  hoople
head like myself.

Thank you,
Charlie

		East Gippsland Wildlife Rehabilitators Inc..
                           http://www.egwildlife.com.au/

--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	The Great Way is not difficult for those who have no
	preferences. --Sengstan Third Zen Patriarch

	Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.