Re: downgrade qt version from 5 to 4

On 11/11/2021 14:20, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 02:10:40PM +0100, lina wrote:
Thanks all for the input. My problem originated from after the system
upgrade to bullseye, the gaussian view (gview) won't be able to show the
result file.

actually gview stands for G[tk] view (distributed in gvim package)

As gview is an essential part in my work, these days my work is stranded
due to it. I don't know how to fix it. Honestly.

If this program doesn't work under bullseye, but is known to work under
buster, then I see three main courses of action from which you might
choose:

1) Buy a new computer, install buster on it, and use gview on this.

you can also consider a remote computer.

2) Install buster inside a chroot, or a virtual machine, or some other
    virtual layering technology, on your bullseye computer.  Run gview
    within the virtual buster environment.

This looks the best solution here (for short and long term):
https://wiki.debian.org/Schroot

3) Reinstall buster instead of bullseye on your current machine.

4) dual boot: Buster / Bulleye (but heavy, so to avoid).

Once you've restored your ability to do your work, *then* you can try
to pursue long-term solutions so that you aren't stuck with a perpetual
out-of-date buster environment for this one program.

Cheers,
Jerome

--
Jerome BENOIT | calculus+at-rezozer^dot*net
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=calculus@rezozer.net