Re: unkown root password and mkdir problem.

On Sat, Nov 06, 2021 at 07:35:22AM +0800, Jeremy Ardley wrote:
> On 6/11/21 7:17 am, Thomas George wrote:
> > I have found mkdir in /usr/bin and changed the ownership to root:tom and
> > given it rwx permissions but this does not solve the problem.

> Try
>
> sudo passwd root
>
> And reset the root password to a known string

And after you do that, change the ownership and permissions of
/usr/bin/mkdir back to what they are supposed to be:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 85184 Sep 24  2020 mkdir

If that wasn't what they were originally, then your system is severely
broken, and all bets are off.